Photo

(Rom) (Razr Cdma) Cm10 Jelly Bean (Stock 11/16 & Kexec 11/4)

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

#121 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:DonAndres861
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Any reviews on 9/26 would be great - thanks again...

#122 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Has GPS been working for anyone? On the 9/22 build. Only things not working for me are GPS and MMS. Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

GPS working for me on 9/24. Only thing I've noticed so far not working is bluetooth a2dp. Been using it for a few days but it seems solid with data as well.

#123 jamohlpierce

jamohlpierce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#124 jamohlpierce

jamohlpierce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

I flashed the kexec version yesterday coming over from Simplex. It seems pretty snazzy thusfar. No camera, so that sucks. Also, you have to be careful with anything kernel or system related. I tried to install Chainfire and it wouldn't boot and I had to reflash the rom. At one point I was setting up a bunch of settings (not sure what exactly) and it froze, crashed, and rebooted. As for typical use though, browsing, checking out baconreader, it's been stellar. Notification pulldown works great, native Google Now is less buggy than m6 on ICS. Battery life so far is....meh. But it's still settling so can't say anything for sure.

thanks for the info!

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#125 OMGzBananas

OMGzBananas

Monkeys Eat me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Is there any way to add other kernel modules to the kexec build? I assume that my zip of kernel modules for 4.0.4 would create problems. I wouldn't mind adding pegasusq and the sio scheduler back in.

#126 OMGzBananas

OMGzBananas

Monkeys Eat me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

Couple other things I wanted to mention. First, had the kexec build freeze today for little reason. The screen timed out, and it just wouldn't come back on, so I had to do a 3 finger reboot. The other thing I noticed was that CPU spy shows no time in deep sleep since I installed it 16 hours ago. I'm on the build from the 24th.

#127 rijelkentaurus

rijelkentaurus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

9/26 stock.

GPS is iffy, can only get a lock within 1700 meters.

Data is great.

MMS is great.

WiFi is great.

#128 OMGzBananas

OMGzBananas

Monkeys Eat me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Does the stock 9/26 have the rotation bug that aosp roms all seem to have?

#129 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Twitter:laurasakura
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

Does the stock 9/26 have the rotation bug that aosp roms all seem to have?

Please explain what this bug does

XT912 - STS Dev's AOKP JB Alpha
CDMA RAZR MAXX - Running Android 4.1.1 JB - CM10 Unofficial Alpha

#130 rijelkentaurus

rijelkentaurus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

What is the bug? I noticed that the screen resizes to tiny, then spins, then resizes properly. Is that what you mean? Odd but not too bad. I turn off rotational display so I paid little attention to that.

Youtube is working.

#131 carracerz14

carracerz14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

Yes that is the bug, also when you take a screen shot you have to crop it to get it to be the correct size. It's like that on all stock builds. Kexec will fix that.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

#132 OMGzBananas

OMGzBananas

Monkeys Eat me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

What is the bug? I noticed that the screen resizes to tiny, then spins, then resizes properly. Is that what you mean? Odd but not too bad. I turn off rotational display so I paid little attention to that.

Youtube is working.

That's the one I was referring to. It was an anomaly back when people were testing aosp ICS builds from source several months ago. As far as I know, it's a locked bootloader issue, some sort of kernel incompatibility. It's not an issue with kexec, and I think it would drive me nuts because I have everything set to rotate.

#133 rijelkentaurus

rijelkentaurus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Okay, I confirmed that the screenshots are buggy too.

Are there any other issues that are pressing that anyone would like info on? I'm sure there's a lot others use their phone for that I don't.

Again, running 9/26 stock.

Thanks.

#134 rijelkentaurus

rijelkentaurus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

No camera flash. Tap the screen to autofocus, flash comes on while it focuses but does not fire off when the picture is taken. That's with flash on Auto and Always On, both the same.

#135 coggy9

coggy9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

GPS working for me on 9/24. Only thing I've noticed so far not working is bluetooth a2dp. Been using it for a few days but it seems solid with data as well.

What ROM/ stock version were you on before? Tried AOKP 9/25, and GPS failed on that too, along with other things. This might be an issue like the Thunderbolt had where you had to use GPS on a Sense ROM before switching to an AOSP ROM.

#136 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Twitter:laurasakura
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

GPS appears to work for me on 9/25 non Kexec AOKP. YouTube only plays for about 5 seconds then stops. Stock seems to have fixed my biggest issue though...no more crashes from typing too fast!

XT912 - STS Dev's AOKP JB Alpha
CDMA RAZR MAXX - Running Android 4.1.1 JB - CM10 Unofficial Alpha

#137 mind game

mind game

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Whats the link between me getting 4G coverage with the stock build and me getting 3G coverage with the KEXEC build while both mobile settings are set to the same thing :wacko: :wacko:

#138 mind game

mind game

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Quick question guys.. is the mobile network setting that is: lte/evdo/CDMA/wcdma/gsm what everyone is using? That's the only one I can get 4g on.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Same question. Curious to see what others are on. One of the options are actually Cmda lol.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#139 atcjeff

atcjeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

How has 4G been for everyone? I have been running stock cm10 from 9/24 and 9/26 and also tried kexec 9/26 and get reliable data. Unfortunately its been mostly 3G. I live in a strong 4G area with a strong 4G signal when on the unsafe side running stock ICS. When running the JB builds its a weak and sporadic 4G signal. Anyone else seeing this? Everything else is butter.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Remember, crowded elevators smell different to midgets.

#140 mdavila84

mdavila84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

I've been running 9/22 solid 4g since I installed it on 9/23. Only problem I have is I can't send or receive pics. But thanks to the DEVS for making this possible!!!

Stock 9/22

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users