Photo

(Rom) (Razr Cdma) Cm10 Jelly Bean (Stock 11/16 & Kexec 11/4)

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

#361 needshelp411

needshelp411

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Just toggle auto brightness and they'll come on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

thanks, that worked :-)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#362 masterfisto

masterfisto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

On the 10/18 build. Used the media_profiles.xml to get HD video recording, but whenever I go to start recording, it records for a second and then fails because the gallery fails. Any ideas one how to edit the xml to fix this?

#363 needshelp411

needshelp411

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Do I have to do a factory reset to update going from the 10/15 stock build to the 10/18 stock build? I tried to just format cache and dalvik. But I got a ridiculous amount of force closes. So I reverted back. I tried the fix permissions but that didn't work.

#364 markculton

markculton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

On the 10/18 build. Used the media_profiles.xml to get HD video recording, but whenever I go to start recording, it records for a second and then fails because the gallery fails. Any ideas one how to edit the xml to fix this?

I would also love to know an answer to this.

#365 masterfisto

masterfisto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Figured it out. It's the latest gapps, they break camera "special features". Which I guess includes HD recording. Don't know how to fix it without reverting to old gapps.

#366 masterfisto

masterfisto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Edit: double post woops

#367 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Stock 10/23 build up on main post. Some screenshots added to the third post.

#368 masterfisto

masterfisto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

I would also love to know an answer to this.

I guess the only solution for now is to revert to the previous gapps

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#369 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

thanks, that worked :-)

also you can try this app in the market its called adjbrightness by deskangel... its works well...

#370 fdcschultz

fdcschultz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Not sure how I feel about stock 10/23. While I can get picture text messages again the data connection has seemed finicky to me. I did a reset and I still only have one bar where I used to have three or four. Any one else have this?

#371 rijelkentaurus

rijelkentaurus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Stock 10/23.

Didn't realize I could get pic messages again, I will have to look into that.

My connection, when I'm in a good spot (not like now @ work), I have four bars of 4g, very strong, no drops.

#372 fdcschultz

fdcschultz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Okay so now I'm really confused. I have better reception in some places where I used to have bad coverage and worse where I used to have better. Maybe it was just some weather interference. Oh well still loving this Rom. Yeah I just started getting the picture messages again. I was getting texts through the stock app just fine but no pictures. Anyone else use tabletsms from clockwork mod and have issues with this Rom though? It was working fine so I bought it but then I started flashing these and now the tablet doesn't get the push notifications. Stock 10/23 btw.

#373 Papasmurf

Papasmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

I have been running the 10/23 build for a day now and its by far the smoothest snappiest ROM I have had on my phone. Way to go!

I've got a Maxx son!

If DROID DOES..... then iDroid

#374 jcarlosfox

jcarlosfox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

10/18 CDMA was great, and 10/23 seems to be great too. No changes noticed, still no flash on the camera, and looks like no BT on the phone. No big deal.

I did notice the keyboard went a little crazy with autocorrect at random, which was my big issue with the Verizon ICS release. It only happened once, and so far so good.

Battery seems to be draining far faster than 10/18, and the Google Voice search (that WAS better than SIRI in 10/18) build did not want to connect to Google for a while, but is now back to normal. Data is otherwise normal.

Still a great ROM, and very snappy.

Going to give this a longer try before going back to 10/18. Also, I suppose we will see a newer version soon enough.

Thanks to all who do this.

#375 RazrThin89

RazrThin89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Does anyone known if this will be switched to 4.2? Like it was to 4.1.2

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#376 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Does anyone known if this will be switched to 4.2? Like it was to 4.1.2

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I think it will, or at least a 4.2 version will be released. It will probably depend on how big the changes are under the hood for the source code.

#377 Chanceyman

Chanceyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Any ETA on the phone bluetooth being worked on? Right now this is the only thing that is keeping me from using this as the everyday rom. I can deal without the camera flash but since I use my phone media as my cars music source its kind of a pain to have to switch bluetooth off every time it rings. I may try creating a rule in Tasker to just disable the bluetooth when the phone rings if the ETA is real far out.

#378 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Any ETA on the phone bluetooth being worked on? Right now this is the only thing that is keeping me from using this as the everyday rom. I can deal without the camera flash but since I use my phone media as my cars music source its kind of a pain to have to switch bluetooth off every time it rings. I may try creating a rule in Tasker to just disable the bluetooth when the phone rings if the ETA is real far out.

Welcome to Fight Club (android custom OS's),
First rule of Fight Club, we do not ask ETA's.
  • jcarlosfox likes this

#379 jcarlosfox

jcarlosfox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I can deal without the camera flash but since I use my phone media as my cars music source its kind of a pain to have to switch bluetooth off every time it rings. I may try creating a rule in Tasker to just disable the bluetooth when the phone rings.

This is a great idea. I have the same problem, but since my car also has an audio jack, I just plug in. I formerly used Smart Actions to turn Pandora on when BT connected, but Tasker may be the way to go.

For what it is worth, this OS is so much better than ICS, that the small issues that exist are not enough to keep me away.

What WOULD BE COOL is that since we KNOW the phone BT won't work, that the OS developer simply disable it. That way the media player could work, and no more issue. Of course I'm both a nOOb and a non-coder - so, what sounds easy to me is likely difficult in deal world application.

#380 rijelkentaurus

rijelkentaurus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

I go back to the Moto side of things when I need a camera flash or if I know that I will be wanting to make use of the bluetooth headset to make a call for work, but otherwise I don't bother with that side of things anymore, JB is a pretty significant leap over ICS. Not that ICS is bad...but they made a lot of improvements with JB.

So this is my daily driver now, there is really very little that does not work perfectly. I have even grown to like GoSMS over the stock app.

Running 10/23 Stock.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users