Photo

(Rom) (Razr Cdma) Cm10 Jelly Bean (Stock 11/16 & Kexec 11/4)

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

#201 coggy9

coggy9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Anyone having issues with apps that use gps reporting your position correctly? I track bike rides with Strava and it's not even close to recording and accurate track.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

I have with every build so far. I'm hoping this is just an easy code fix that is being overlooked, but it may be hardware related. I went back to 100% stock and rooted, safestrapped, etc, and I still had issues with GPS.

#202 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Thread updated with the 9/30 build. Sorry for the delay. Also for now I am dropping the "Other ROMS" part in the main post.

#203 rijelkentaurus

rijelkentaurus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Stock 9/30.

Still no flash on camera (on preview, but does not fire when the picture is taken).

Data is great. Have not tested MMS, GoSMS Pro has been working great for me so haven't tried.

Love this phone now. It was great on the stock Moto ROM, but with CM10 and no Verizon garbage it is absolutely beautiful and a joy to use.

As for my GPS, I used My Tracks on the stock Moto ROM, it always had a tough time getting a decent lock and took several minutes (or more) to do so, sometimes would not at all. Don't think it's a problem with these custom ROMs.

#204 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

To me... It looks like gps stops tracking when the screen goes off and resumes with screen on. Will test with mytracks

#205 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

October first 2012 builds for the razor CDMA and GSM are now online @ crackflasher.com

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • DemoManMLS likes this

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#206 RazrThin89

RazrThin89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

My phone is perfect now :D
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#207 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Well weird. In had zero gps lock problems on stock 211 and both Strava and mytracks were nuts on.

#208 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Brother X... How do I activate my CF account?

#209 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Brother X... How do I activate my CF account?

I sent you an email.

X

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#210 atwalker

atwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Running CM-10 Stock 9/30. No Flash with camera. I still can't send or receive MMS. Data is very stable for me. The CM Updater is crashing on mine but that is expected I just went in and turned off automatic updates. Used GPS and it worked well with my phone. It's working well enough for me I've been using them as DD's.

#211 taha

taha

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Running Stock 9/24.
Usb tethering doesn't work. Wifi access point does, but I can only get the connection to work if I turn off security.
Wifi turns itself off sometimes - the phone thinks it is on, but no connection. Cycling it off and then back on again fixes the problem.
Data connection works pretty well. But sometimes 4G goes away for no reason that I can tell. Under the phone info (there is a utility called LTE OnOff that opens this), turning the radio off and then on while the preferred network type is LTE/CDMA auto (PRL) fixes this.
GPS works, takes a little while to lock sometimes. Accurate once it does. I haven't used a lot of apps to track me in motion though.
Flash doesn't work at all for me. Not with the camera or TeslaLED.
Planning to update in the next few days and retest. But the things that I need on a daily basis have been working well enough that I haven't wanted to mess with it.

Updated to Stock 10/1 -
All the statements above are still true except that wifi hotspot now works with security on.
YouTube works fine.
The phone always comes on with only 3G enabled; the preferred network type seems to be defaulting to GSM/CDMA auto. Easy fix, but one more step.
Lack of a flash is an issue for me. I really like using it as a flashlight at night if I am up after family has gone to bed. And others in this thread have indicated that the flash works, just not when taking pictures - I can't get it to come on at all, for autofocus, or with TeslaLED.

Tried going back to the non-safestrap side, and it just feels slow. Guess I'll be living with the issues for now. Nice work by the developers to get this going.

#212 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

Stock 10/1 up now.

Also there is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

on Twitter which will let you follow changes being done.

#213 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Wifi turns itself off sometimes - the phone thinks it is on, but no connection. Cycling it off and then back on again fixes the problem.

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought I was the only person experiencing it and it was VERY lonely in my jacked-up wifiland.

#214 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for mentioning this. I thought I was the only person experiencing it and it was VERY lonely in my jacked-up wifiland.

I heard it talked about somewhere that there is a wifi sleep setting that needs to be unchecked causing this. Not running this rom so sorry I don't have more info.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#215 kbuck13

kbuck13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

I have a question but, when I am on a call and another call comes in how do I switch between them on CM10 stock? I always end up hanging up on the first person.

#216 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

I heard it talked about somewhere that there is a wifi sleep setting that needs to be unchecked causing this. Not running this rom so sorry I don't have more info.

Yes I've been digging around as that sounds like exactly what's happening. I can't find any setting like that though. I'll keep looking and let you know. Thanks for the heads-up!

#217 deejay1111

deejay1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yes I've been digging around as that sounds like exactly what's happening. I can't find any setting like that though. I'll keep looking and let you know. Thanks for the heads-up!

It is located under system settings menu. Click WiFi, then click menu button. Next click advanced and select "keep WiFi on during sleep"
  • sankyou likes this

#218 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

It is located under system settings menu. Click WiFi, then click menu button. Next click advanced and select "keep WiFi on during sleep"

Indeed... Thanks deejay. Hopefully that was all - I'll report back... One more comment on this ROM: This is the first ROM where I feel like the auto-brightness is actually helpful! Love it so far. Also I can confirm that TeslaLED is not working for me either.

Thanks to the devs - dhacker and hashc0de rock!

#219 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

10/1 download link down for anyone else?

#220 whiteblazer00

whiteblazer00

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:whiteblazer00
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Yup links aren't working for me either. I seen hashcode mention something about reopening rombot.org

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users