297 replies to this topic

#141 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts
  • Google+:Lownslow200sx
  • LocationRocky Mount, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, OG Razor, Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

I just want to thank everyone for the feedback I have been receiving on this ROM, that's what keeps me motivated on building for you guys, and also I wanted to give you a quick update on what I am working on at the moment. Right now I'm taking a short break for a few days on the CM10 build so I can get started on the AOKP version, but once I get that out to you guys I'm jumping right back on the CM10 build. Also I want to get some feedback on the new LiCoRiCe boot animation I posted in the OP so let me know what you guys think.
  • mike_augie likes this

JXGM6Ej.png

#142 mike_augie

mike_augie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

I just want to thank everyone for the feedback I have been receiving on this ROM, that's what keeps me motivated on building for you guys, and also I wanted to give you a quick update on what I am working on at the moment. Right now I'm taking a short break for a few days on the CM10 build so I can get started on the AOKP version, but once I get that out to you guys I'm jumping right back on the CM10 build. Also I want to get some feedback on the new LiCoRiCe boot animation I posted in the OP so let me know what you guys think.

like the old one and this one .. both are pretty sweet

#143 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

I just noticed im at 17 hours on battery with 52% left. Streaming netflix and music all day.

Also the new boot animation is sick.
  • lownslow200sx likes this

#144 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

AOKP build almost ready to go, got to theme it and throw in a few more mods, also just tested YouTube and so far it's fully functional now without doing any tricks. :D
  • irmoeuphoz and bjoestanley like this

JXGM6Ej.png

#145 somefknguy

somefknguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

was going to update to this but no dice :| seems like the DL link is over quota...

#146 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

was going to update to this but no dice :| seems like the DL link is over quota...

I just checked the link and its downloading for me. What does it do when you click the link?

JXGM6Ej.png

#147 somefknguy

somefknguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

this was around 2am last night said that i couldn't access the file as it had been accessed too many times already. i just tried it again as well and it worked this time. did this version show up on the OTA updater? mine wouldnt refresh to see it

#148 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Did this version show up on the OTA updater? mine wouldnt refresh to see it

Yeah it was working untill my Dropbox account go suspended for 3 days for too much traffic im working on fixing all the links as soon as I get a chance.

JXGM6Ej.png

#149 gautamrao

gautamrao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Since you asked for feedback -- I have only seen the boot animation that has a bunch of purple-ish polygons rotating -- and it was perfectly nice. TBH, I'm happy with anything that isn't insane + doesn't have a loud boot sound that will go off while I'm teaching or presenting.

More broadly: This is a crazy good rom. I'm getting battery life just as good as I got on ICS, maybe even better. GPS works like a charm, which wasn't the case on ANY other rom except for stock. Very smooth and stable, no sudden reboots despite heavy use. I've only tried one other JB rom (koa) and maybe I was unlucky with that one. But it was waaaay slow, and really buggy. I usually like trying out a bunch of roms, but yours works so well for me right now that i have no desire to experiment. It's nice to have something that just works (and prevents my wife from haranguing me when my phone reboots and then cant get gps when we're lost in the city).

#150 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

This is a crazy good rom. I'm getting battery life just as good as I got on ICS, maybe even better. GPS works like a charm, which wasn't the case on ANY other rom except for stock. Very smooth and stable, no sudden reboots despite heavy use. I've only tried one other JB rom (koa) and maybe I was unlucky with that one. But it was waaaay slow, and really buggy.

Thanks you, I have spent countless hours experimenting with different combinations of mods and tweaks and finally got it close to perfect, so If you notice it taking longer than normal for me to push an update this is usually why.

. It's nice to have something that just works (and prevents my wife from haranguing me when my phone reboots and then cant get gps when we're lost in the city).

My wife does the exact same thing, she has got to the point to where even if I'm 100% stock and she plays with the phone she blames me for things not working. That's one reason I make sure its as bug free as possible :D
  • gautamrao likes this

JXGM6Ej.png

#151 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Sending a test build of AOKP LiCoRiCe out to the testers now, so I should have something for you guys soon.
  • bjoestanley likes this

JXGM6Ej.png

#152 creepinghard

creepinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Google+:creepinghard

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

WoW! this thing is super fast. data works great so far and google now is right on point. 2 things i am having trouble with, Titanium backup doesn't have any of my apps, and my gallery wont sync with picasa. Does you know if these work? I can live with out the gallery but my backups are huge! thanks!!

#153 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

WoW! this thing is super fast. data works great so far and google now is right on point. 2 things i am having trouble with, Titanium backup doesn't have any of my apps, and my gallery wont sync with picasa. Does you know if these work? I can live with out the gallery but my backups are huge! thanks!!

You need to move your Titanium backup folder over to SD-EXT that is now the primary storage location for current and all future builds, the gallery not syncing with Picasa I'm going to have to check in to that as I have never used picasa, but I think that's an issue with all CM10 builds.

JXGM6Ej.png

#154 irmoeuphoz

irmoeuphoz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Can't wait for your AOKP version of Licorice!! been destroying the F5 key all day in anticipation!

#155 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Can't wait for your AOKP version of Licorice!! been destroying the F5 key all day in anticipation!

LMAO, I'm working on the last few changes now and one more good test run and it should be ready. :)

JXGM6Ej.png

#156 creepinghard

creepinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks! this ROM is great! can't wait to do an OTA

#157 creepinghard

creepinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

I am new to over and under clocking. What governor would you recommend for max battery life, or is there a forum or page that tells what they all mean or do? Thanks again!

#158 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I am new to over and under clocking. What governor would you recommend for max battery life, or is there a forum or page that tells what they all mean or do? Thanks again!

Here you go

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

JXGM6Ej.png

#159 churchmouth

churchmouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/leftspin
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

what did you do to make the haptics for the home/menu/etc buttons as strong as they are? They're really faint on every other AOSP ROM

#160 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

what did you do to make the haptics for the home/menu/etc buttons as strong as they are? They're really faint on every other AOSP ROM

Framework-res.apk, /res/values/arrays; there is some stuff about "vibe" in there, increase the values for more haptic.
  • churchmouth likes this

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JellyBean, CM10, 4.1.1, overclock, inverted

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users