#141 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

Idk. I've never had that issue with rage or bloodrage. Nor have I heard of anyone else. Must be something wonky with your set up.

#142 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Ok, something seems to occasionally put me into a continous bootloop simply after a "reboot" when things are running fine. I'm OC'd at only 1300 max, I cleared Cache & Dalvik. Only thing that seems to cure me is reflashing the rom. Any ideas? This happened to me several time back on "RageRom". ???

Could it be a free memory issue? Click on Clean Master (came with the ROM) and what's your free Device Storage? Just an idea...

• lazer and jl90 like this

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#143 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Could it be a free memory issue? Click on Clean Master (came with the ROM) and what's your free Device Storage? Just an idea...

That's a good thought...to take it a step further though I would ask if lazer (or anyone experiencing lag) have gone through and cleaned up the stock ROM. I went back to stock side this morning at the advice of a certain hillbilly guy,LOL, and deleted as much bloat and apps (yes even ones I installed) as I could comfortably remove. I then wiped cache and dalvik on the stock slot and then booted bloodrage. ALL signs of lag virtually disappeared!!! John is working on a flashable script for both stock and safe sides. Hopefully it will be ready by update time. In the meantime I suggest boot into stock and remove as much crap as you are comfortable with. I don't know about you guys but I hardly use stock anymore and all it is needed for is emergencies. Lol!
  • lazer likes this

#144 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

That's a good thought...to take it a step further though I would ask if lazer (or anyone experiencing lag) have gone through and cleaned up the stock ROM. I went back to stock side this morning at the advice of a certain hillbilly guy,LOL, and deleted as much bloat and apps (yes even ones I installed) as I could comfortably remove. I then wiped cache and dalvik on the stock slot and then booted bloodrage. ALL signs of lag virtually disappeared!!! John is working on a flashable script for both stock and safe sides. Hopefully it will be ready by update time. In the meantime I suggest boot into stock and remove as much crap as you are comfortable with. I don't know about you guys but I hardly use stock anymore and all it is needed for is emergencies. Lol!

I never realized that about having apps in the stock ROM. I think I restored most of my TIBU backups to it. lol

Regarding clean master, I can check that now that I dirty flashed 1.1 over 1.1 to get things back up and running if that's what you mean but there was no way of checking it when the problem occured of the persistent bootlooping thus not allowing me back into the ROM to do anything until re-flashing. It's like something goes bad in the /system end of things for me after X amount of days.

Edit: Ok via cleanmaster, reports 82% Device Storage: Used 1.6GB / Free 352MB

#145 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

I never realized that about having apps in the stock ROM. I think I restored most of my TIBU backups to it. lol

Regarding clean master, I can check that now that I dirty flashed 1.1 over 1.1 to get things back up and running if that's what you mean but there was no way of checking it when the problem occured of the persistent bootlooping thus not allowing me back into the ROM to do anything until re-flashing. It's like something goes bad in the /system end of things for me after X amount of days.

Edit: Ok via cleanmaster, reports 82% Device Storage: Used 1.6GB / Free 352MB

It looks like you have a 2 GB slot and that may not be sufficient for the number of apps. Use SS and back up your ROM, create a 3 GB slot then restore the ROM. See if that works.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

• lazer likes this

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#146 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

It looks like you have a 2 GB slot and that may not be sufficient for the number of apps. Use SS and back up your ROM, create a 3 GB slot then restore the ROM. See if that works.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

Might try that but looks like I will be headed to the darkside shortly. My Samsung Galaxy S4 I bought 1/2 price from a Verizon Rep via Craiglist shows shipped today and is awaiting me at home after work. :p

Psssttt.. Any chance this rom will make it to the S4???

#147 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Might try that but looks like I will be headed to the darkside shortly. My Samsung Galaxy S4 I bought 1/2 price from a Verizon Rep via Craiglist shows shipped today and is awaiting me at home after work. :p

Psssttt.. Any chance this rom will make it to the S4???

I doubt it... but the S4 version of ragerom is quite a beast!! Or so I am told. ;)
  • usmcamgrimm likes this

#148 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

I doubt it... but the S4 version of ragerom is quite a beast!! Or so I am told. ;)

Yessir it is! B)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

• jl90 likes this

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#149 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

300.01KB   34 downloads

Not bad for an old RAZR. :)

I'm averaging about 92 or 93 ms.

#150 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

Well...update tonight... testing now...some of my theming needs work but everything else is solid. :D we had a major storm last night so I had to stay off the computer. Lol!

#151 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

And just my luck. I aquired an S4 that was already updated so was only able to root for now. No Recovery or Rom flashing capabilities as of yet on version ME7 or whatever. Blah.... (Sorry for going off-topic)

#152 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

That's no problem. Sorry to hear about the new phone but I bet you'll be hooked up soon Dev moves fast. :D

#153 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

UPDATE IS LIVE!!!!!!!

Sorry for the delay.... :D

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#154 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

UPDATE IS LIVE!!!!!!!

Sorry for the delay.... :D

jl, no need to be sorry :) You're the one in control here and we just get to partake in the fun !

• johnthehillbilly and jl90 like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#155 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

jl, no need to be sorry :) You're the one in control here and we just get to partake in the fun !

Thanks man! I appreciate that! :D B)

#156 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

121.7KB   33 downloads

LOL!!!

• bfederspill, SoccerRef12 and johnthehillbilly like this

#157 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

300.3KB   27 downloads

Without oc. :)
Pegasusq and sio.

#158 omak42

omak42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

So I installed, restored from titanium, set oc, now titanium says I need to have a rooted device. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#159 omak42

omak42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Disregard, good old TB just needed a good shot of antibiotics....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• jl90 likes this

#160 Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Been having a lot of freeze ups and reboots with rage rom so I guess I will try this one.

The text bug that happened with rage is super annoying, especially with the phone randomly rebooting.  You send an important text it does not go through and you don't realize it for hours, then you find out the contractors didn't show up, your boss didn't know you were going to be out sick etc.   I can;t be having that.

Hoping to have better luck with this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users