978 replies to this topic

#481 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:31 AM

Well, the gallery thing is no biggie.  The gallery works fine the way it is.  Just puzzling as to why that shortcut doesn't work until you open it from the drawer.  Just plain odd.  :)

#482 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

Yeah you got me on that too as Slvrbul said wiping cache and dalvik works wonders most of the time for odd things and misbehaving apps. I honestly planned on switching the camera and gallery back so no worries. :D
  • subaculture likes this

#483 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

103.35KB   29 downloads

I've been working on another project for y'all lately too. :) it will be a little while before it's ready though.
  • bfederspill likes this

#484 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

Hmm...looks like a KitKat ROM...does everything work?

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#485 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

Hmm...looks like a KitKat ROM...does everything work? Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

So far so good...I've been running it for awhile now and it is solid...just needs some fine tuning man. :)
  • pattersonx likes this

#486 SoccerRef12

SoccerRef12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Twitter:@SoccerRef12
  • LocationLampasas, TX
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

So far so good...I've been running it for awhile now and it is solid...just needs some fine tuning man. :)

Excellent!!!!!

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

• jl90 likes this

"If you truly learned from your mistakes, I would be a genius by now!"

#487 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

To avoid accidentally taking the upcoming OTA (that will most likely kill safestrap and root) simply do this...

Open or install Titanium Backup... On stock side...
Select the back up/restore tab...
Find the file...updater 4.1.2-58 it will be highlighted red
Select it and then select remove...
Ignore the stupid warnings and you're good to go...no more ota's ever.

#488 slvrbul

slvrbul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx / Motorola Xoom MZ602 4G

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

Great work. I am running CM11 as well as BR and CM is pretty solid. Looking forward to 2.5 don't worry about being busy Those of us that like this ROM will wait!!!

Chief

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

• usmcamgrimm and jl90 like this

Posted Image

#489 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Great work. I am running CM11 as well as BR and CM is pretty solid. Looking forward to 2.5 don't worry about being busy Those of us that like this ROM will wait!!! Chief Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Thanks man!...I do appreciate the patience. :)

#490 subaculture

subaculture

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Have Installed A Couple Of Times. Delete Slot 4 Wipes And Install. After Start I Get Message Unfortunately Blood Rage Message Has Stopped. Then It Asks For Language, And I Choose English. Then It Just Goes To Please Wait, This May Take A Few Minutes And Stays There Forever. Please Help. Also I Have No Idea Why Swype Is Capitalizing Every Word.

#491 subaculture

subaculture

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Tried Install With Blue Jelly Theme Attached And It Worked, BUT Data Wouldn't Connect Afterwords.

#492 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Have Installed A Couple Of Times. Delete Slot 4 Wipes And Install. After Start I Get Message Unfortunately Blood Rage Message Has Stopped. Then It Asks For Language, And I Choose English. Then It Just Goes To Please Wait, This May Take A Few Minutes And Stays There Forever. Please Help. Also I Have No Idea Why Swype Is Capitalizing Every Word.

Download the ROM again on PC and transfer it to external SD card...sounds like a bad download. Create a new slot and flash it don't wipe the slot after you create it if you were doing that. :)
  • subaculture likes this

#493 subaculture

subaculture

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

Thanks Will Try And Let You Know. Looking Forward To Getting This Working, Cm Was Extremely Laggy For Me, And I Really Would Like A Nice Rom That Is Faster Than Stock Lol.

#494 subaculture

subaculture

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

Yay got Swype working right. One more question instead of deleting update to stop OTA can I freeze it and get same results? That way I can take OTA when I feel like it.

#495 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

Yay got Swype working right. One more question instead of deleting update to stop OTA can I freeze it and get same results? That way I can take OTA when I feel like it.

Absolutely. :)

#496 subaculture

subaculture

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Thank you again. Downloaded again will try install In a bit. My uncle is using my wifi hotspot at the moment so I'll be generous and wait haha.
  • jl90 likes this

#497 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

@subculture, I had problems installing this ROM on any other slot other than slot 1. If you have problems on a certain slot try another one (slot). Just a suggestion.
  • jl90 likes this

#498 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Yay got Swype working right. One more question instead of deleting update to stop OTA can I freeze it and get same results? That way I can take OTA when I feel like itD

Don't ever take the OTA when you're running a custom rom via Safestrap.  You'll brick for sure.  Well, won't brick your phone but you'll ruin the slot you're running on.  You'll be able to boot to the stock rom or any other rom you may have on another slot but the slot you flashed the OTA to won't boot.  Only flash the OTA on the stock rom.  My brother just called me tonight.  Long story short he took the OTA running a custom rom and it killed the slot. Wasn't the end of the world though.  I had him try flashing the rom he had on the slot, again.  It worked for him.  Got him back in.  I wouldn't guarantee the same results for everybody though.  Even if it does get you back in; what would be the point? You'll be right back where you were before flashing the OTA.  Leave the updater froze or delete it.  It's of no value to you if you're running a rom other than the stock one. 

#499 subaculture

subaculture

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Don't ever take the OTA when you're running a custom rom via Safestrap. You'll brick for sure. Well, won't brick your phone but you'll ruin the slot you're running on. You'll be able to boot to the stock rom or any other rom you may have on another slot but the slot you flashed the OTA to won't boot. Only flash the OTA on the stock rom. My brother just called me tonight. Long story short he took the OTA running a custom rom and it killed the slot. Wasn't the end of the world though. I had him try flashing the rom he had on the slot, again. It worked for him. Got him back in. I wouldn't guarantee the same results for everybody though. Even if it does get you back in; what would be the point? You'll be right back where you were before flashing the OTA. Leave the updater froze or delete it. It's of no value to you if you're running a rom other than the stock one.

#500 subaculture

subaculture

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Don't ever take the OTA when you're running a custom rom via Safestrap. You'll brick for sure. Well, won't brick your phone but you'll ruin the slot you're running on. You'll be able to boot to the stock rom or any other rom you may have on another slot but the slot you flashed the OTA to won't boot. Only flash the OTA on the stock rom. My brother just called me tonight. Long story short he took the OTA running a custom rom and it killed the slot. Wasn't the end of the world though. I had him try flashing the rom he had on the slot, again. It worked for him. Got him back in. I wouldn't guarantee the same results for everybody though. Even if it does get you back in; what would be the point? You'll be right back where you were before flashing the OTA. Leave the updater froze or delete it. It's of no value to you if you're running a rom other than the stock one.

OTA
Thanks, but I had no intention of doing update with rom. I already have latest OTA on stock just had to reroot. what I was saying is when and if I ever update stock again I would like to be able to get OTA update.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users