#281 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Skip track mod works with everything...update coming later today/tonight! :)

#282 Nightfury

Nightfury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

I'll keep an eye out for the update, switching to this ROM.
  • usmcamgrimm and jl90 like this

#283 Battleicious

Battleicious

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Camera is crashing phone. Airplane mode needs to be enabled then disabled for texts to send. Switching back to stock, much quicker and more stable.

#284 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Camera is crashing phone. Airplane mode needs to be enabled then disabled for texts to send. Switching back to stock, much quicker and more stable.

Its the stock 4.1.2 camera, it does not crash anything. The messaging bug has been a rare bug since ragerom not common enough to figure out. As far as stock being faster...lmfao!!!

PS if you asked I might have had some suggestions to help with YOUR issues but since you didn't well good luck.
  • bfederspill likes this

#285 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

88.57KB   40 downloads

Picture I took with the camera that "crashes"...lol!!

Edit...damn I need to mow my lawn.
  • pistacio and TeamRage like this

#286 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

UPDATE IS LIVE!!!

v1.5

• bfederspill and TeamRage like this

#287 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

Updated features list in the op to reflect changes.

#288 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

As far as your camera crashing.... I have seen that from time to time on a few different ROMs ..... quite simply, the easiest way to remedy it is to boot into SS wipe dalvik and cache.... then on reboot, open the camera and set the MP to 6 instead of 8 ..... then it should be ok.........
As far as stability and speed of this ROM .... it is typically right on every time however, every device will respond differently from every other device with the ROM (or any ROM for that matter).... i personally have run this ROM since its first release and i have had no issues whatsoever (that were not "self-inflicted").... granted, your results may be different....
Of course it is always your choice whether to use a ROM or stock... but if you like the overall look and feel of this ROM (other than the issues you have experienced) .... maybe give it another chance, maybe re-download it, try a different SS slot.... but like i said, it's always your choice, as long as you remember to enjoy your phone and HAVE FUN!!!:)

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

• Battleicious, bfederspill, rickw and 2 others like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#289 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

202.68KB   22 downloads

145.87KB   20 downloads

Working on something for the next update... (WIP)

KCCO! :D
  • TeamRage likes this

#290 Battleicious

Battleicious

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

As far as your camera crashing.... I have seen that from time to time on a few different ROMs ..... quite simply, the easiest way to remedy it is to boot into SS wipe dalvik and cache.... then on reboot, open the camera and set the MP to 6 instead of 8 ..... then it should be ok.........
As far as stability and speed of this ROM .... it is typically right on every time however, every device will respond differently from every other device with the ROM (or any ROM for that matter).... i personally have run this ROM since its first release and i have had no issues whatsoever (that were not "self-inflicted").... granted, your results may be different....
Of course it is always your choice whether to use a ROM or stock... but if you like the overall look and feel of this ROM (other than the issues you have experienced) .... maybe give it another chance, maybe re-download it, try a different SS slot.... but like i said, it's always your choice, as long as you remember to enjoy your phone and HAVE FUN!!! :)

Ive been using this rom since version 1.0 as my daily driver. It has been driving me crazy ever since. There always seems to be that one issue that comes up. In this case it is the camera and messenger. I have tried wiping dalvik/cache and it is set to 6mp. Im not getting these problems on stock. Seems my phone is just cursed. I regret making the jump to the new leak.

#291 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

I regret making the jump to the new leak.

Huh?.... the new leak?

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#292 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

Ive been using this rom since version 1.0 as my daily driver. It has been driving me crazy ever since. There always seems to be that one issue that comes up. In this case it is the camera and messenger. I have tried wiping dalvik/cache and it is set to 6mp. Im not getting these problems on stock. Seems my phone is just cursed. I regret making the jump to the new leak.

I also obviously run this as my dd. I have had none of the issues you described...or really any... on a clean install. If you're dirty flashing you're gonna have problems...if you restore apps with data you're gonna have issues...I am always willing to offer help...if asked...no ROM is 100% trouble free... even stock. I don't know what the "new leak" is but there was a front page article (on this site) about not taking any rumored updates for the RAZR, RAZR maxx or bionic. This ROM is solid and stable. I'm not saying that because its mine. I'm saying that because it's true. I would suggest, if you're interested, wiping and deleting the slot you're on and starting fresh. I do not like to see anyone having issues.
  • bfederspill likes this

#293 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

457.16KB   26 downloads

I think The Chive never looked better...lol! I'm gonna stick to theming for the next couple updates... I build this for ME and I'm happy with the performance and features as is so I'm just gonna dress it up a bit more. Having said that, if y'all have a feature you'd like to see added say so...I am happy to look into it. :)

#294 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

18.99KB   24 downloads

New lock screen button? ;)

177.59KB   25 downloads

Finally got rid of that gradient at the top. :D

#295 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

Update tomorrow.

#296 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hoping I can use this ROM after the update. Still having problems with Pandora fast forwarding after a phone call on Bluetooth. Fingers crossed.

#297 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hoping I can use this ROM after the update. Still having problems with Pandora fast forwarding after a phone call on Bluetooth. Fingers crossed.

I still can't see how the last update would do that...unless its related to the volume skip track mod...are you on 1.4 or 1.5? Did you do a fresh install? Or at least the full 4 wipes?

#298 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

I still can't see how the last update would do that...unless its related to the volume skip track mod...are you on 1.4 or 1.5? Did you do a fresh install? Or at least the full 4 wipes?

It happened on 1.4 and 1.5. My usual way of flashing is: create a new slot, do all four wipes then flash the new ROM. I don't remember it ever happening on version 1.3 and prior ones. I've been using the same Pandora for well over a year now. I do use your OC, not sure if that was an option prior to 1.4? I'll try your next update and see what happens. If I'm the only one with this problem don't worry about it. :-)

Edit: Can't remember if it did happen on 1.4 or not?

#299 Battleicious

Battleicious

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

I also obviously run this as my dd. I have had none of the issues you described...or really any... on a clean install. If you're dirty flashing you're gonna have problems...if you restore apps with data you're gonna have issues...I am always willing to offer help...if asked...no ROM is 100% trouble free... even stock. I don't know what the "new leak" is but there was a front page article (on this site) about not taking any rumored updates for the RAZR, RAZR maxx or bionic. This ROM is solid and stable. I'm not saying that because its mine. I'm saying that because it's true. I would suggest, if you're interested, wiping and deleting the slot you're on and starting fresh. I do not like to see anyone having issues.

I don't mean new leak. Its been around for a while, the last release of jelly bean. My phone was way faster back on gingerbread and battery life was actually acceptable.

As for the steps I've used to debug. I always clean install even deleting old slot and creating a different one. The camera has been crashing my phone every time I go into the gallery. It then corrupts the image. I'm also experiencing a weird over clocking issues. It over clocks for about 5 minutes then reverts back to 1200.

I did switch back to stock and its given me zero issues so far. Not the snappiest but still basically bug free.

#300 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

It happened on 1.4 and 1.5. My usual way of flashing is: create a new slot, do all four wipes then flash the new ROM. I don't remember it ever happening on version 1.3 and prior ones. I've been using the same Pandora for well over a year now. I do use your OC, not sure if that was an option prior to 1.4? I'll try your next update and see what happens. If I'm the only one with this problem don't worry about it. :-)

Edit: Can't remember if it did happen on 1.4 or not?

Well oc should have nothing to do with it. :) I'm afraid it may be the skip track mod doesn't play nice with Pandora with Bluetooth (only thing different about 1.4 and 1.5 that could cause that). I don't use either lol! You could try 1.4 and see I'll pm you a link if you'd like. I would very much like to figure that out. Any help is always appreciated. :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users