Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

As mentioned earlier, this along with all the other recent versions are mirrored until such a time as you request I stop doing so.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This one goes to the same place, but makes it so you can read the full file name, although you lose the file size...

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

Whatever you want.. however I ask that you post proper credit.. and a donation link  :)

• Gytole likes this

#422 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Still with the blue flashy... Checking off HW makes it go away.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#423 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

I think what might be happening is that something needs to overwrite the boot partition or wipe it or something... the kernel needs to be completely clean. That's probably what our tester did when he restored from a backup of the same kernel and it worked. I know of no other way than to do so in the bootloader... fastboot erase boot perhaps, and reflash the ROM in recovery. WARNING: THIS WILL EFFECTIVELY WIPE YOUR KERNEL - YOU MUST HAVE A WORKING ROM WITH KERNEL ON YOUR SDCARD TO FLASH IN RECOVERY, OR YOU CAN FLASH THE KERNEL SEPARATELY WITH FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT <boot.img name>. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BAD RESULT OF YOU FAILING TO HEED PROPER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND WIPING WITHOUT THINKING. 

Having said that, updated ROM, here's the link:

Redownload and reflash.

• timpohladthomas likes this

#424 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Whatever you want.. however I ask that you post proper credit.. and a donation link  :)

I have no post about the XT926 on my site yet, I felt that there was enough information on enough forum sites to not need to collect it and repeat it, so that is just a directory listing with the last 30 ish days of Xenon HD versions; however there is a source and support txt with the URL for this thread (and a note that you happily accept donations).

and the new version is uploading now, should be available in the next 80 seconds.  I'll be making MD5 check files later for them

#425 lvm1275

lvm1275

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Okay, I'm not a moron, I've been flashing sincee my D1... But what is the blue semicircle/circle on the left side of my screen that seems to toggle through the stuff in my nav bar? I assumed it was the nav ring, but I'm not sure. Fact is I hate it and I want it gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#426 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

ok, so it was post 264, I was not that far off... 330... :p

anyway, there is this little white box near the top of the screen that has "Search..." in it and next to that it says "this thread"  if you click there and type "blue ball" then click the "go" sphere (it is yellow now, although I swear it was green earlier...) you will get the answer, if you type "what the hell is this blue thingy"  you may have to scroll through a couple to find the answer, you can also search for "blue dot" but "blue ball" should work best.

• Gytole likes this

#427 lvm1275

lvm1275

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

ok, so it was post 264, I was not that far off... 330... :p

anyway, there is this little white box near the top of the screen that has "Search..." in it and next to that it says "this thread"  if you click there and type "blue ball" then click the "go" sphere (it is yellow now, although I swear it was green earlier...) you will get the answer, if you type "what the hell is this blue thingy"  you may have to scroll through a couple to find the answer, you can also search for "blue dot" but "blue ball" should work best.

Thank you. I've been going crazy trying to get rid of it. It actually seems too easy

#428 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think what might be happening is that something needs to overwrite the boot partition or wipe it or something... the kernel needs to be completely clean. That's probably what our tester did when he restored from a backup of the same kernel and it worked. I know of no other way than to do so in the bootloader... fastboot erase boot perhaps, and reflash the ROM in recovery. WARNING: THIS WILL EFFECTIVELY WIPE YOUR KERNEL - YOU MUST HAVE A WORKING ROM WITH KERNEL ON YOUR SDCARD TO FLASH IN RECOVERY, OR YOU CAN FLASH THE KERNEL SEPARATELY WITH FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT <boot.img name>. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BAD RESULT OF YOU FAILING TO HEED PROPER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND WIPING WITHOUT THINKING. 

Having said that, updated ROM, here's the link:

Redownload and reflash.

I'll have to concur with you on this one. Last wk I was messing around with Bytecodes kernel update ( forget which version it was). Anywhoo I flashed his kernel while using your ROM and it was a no go on boot just hung on the upgrading Android. No matter what I tried even reflashing the old kernel that i know for certain worked it would still not boot. The only way I go it to boot was to flash his old kernel, then do a full factory reset and wipe like 4 times to then reflash your *.zip and it booted like we would expect. 

#429 vnvjeep

vnvjeep

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think Pete agrees... but if you dont want to go thru the fastboot commands, the other way to do this is to make a nandroid of your current blue flashing build, and restore it... We believe it has the same effect whereby it destroys the boot partition and rebuilds it on the restore... that's what seems to have made mine work.

tester.png

#430 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

Wheres mattlgroff when we need a mini boot erase utility, haha
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#431 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

it's simple... go to Matt's utility directory, reboot to bootloader, make sure your phone is plugged in to the computer and can be recognized by USB before you do this.

when the tiny fastboot text comes up, type on the computer at a command line: fastboot erase boot. unplug phone.

hit power button quickly one time to turn off phone. Holding down both volume buttons, hold down power button at the same time.

It will bring you to a menu. Hit the down volume button until you get to recovery. hit the up volume button when you reach recovery.

This will boot you into recovery.

Factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik, system.

Flash the zip, and gapps. Newest build.

Wipe cache and dalvik again

Reboot.

Report.

• timpohladthomas likes this

#432 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

FWIW if it's not working for anyone else, I'm going to upload a copy of the boot.img from my phone if I can. Maybe it'll help.

#433 thewahlrus

thewahlrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:thewahlrus
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, HP Touch Pad with AOKP, cracked Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:50 AM

For anyone with blue flashes, did you disable the halo? I had the first blue flashes today after closing halo. Opened it back up and they're gone. I've never had any blue flashes until I closed the halo.

#434 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

Halo for me did nothing for blue. Only hardware overlays seems to be the direct issue. 

The only problem I have is a lack of rotation/proximity sensor. Does this work on the latest build?

#435 vnvjeep

vnvjeep

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

I experience the loss of all sensors fairly frequently as well... It's pretty easy to check the state of them all -- download the Elixer2 app from the play store, and click on the sensors button... It will show you if they are up or down.   I always thought that they were becoming disabled due to the SODs from before, and the dirty reboots.  Sometimes they would come back on after doing a clean reboot after a dirty reboot... or by leaving the device off for a couple of minutes.  But sometimes, that doesn't even help.  The only way I have been able to make them all come back reliably is to boot to recovery, and wipe cache/dalvik.  They come back every time... but it's a pain in the @ss.  :)

• jld likes this

tester.png

#436 vnvjeep

vnvjeep

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

BTW... I got the blue flashies again after upgrading to 6/17 from 6/15... Ticking the "Disable HW Overlays" made them go away immediately.

tester.png

#437 sgpapesh

sgpapesh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

it's simple... go to Matt's utility directory, reboot to bootloader, make sure your phone is plugged in to the computer and can be recognized by USB before you do this.

when the tiny fastboot text comes up, type on the computer at a command line: fastboot erase boot. unplug phone.

hit power button quickly one time to turn off phone. Holding down both volume buttons, hold down power button at the same time.

It will bring you to a menu. Hit the down volume button until you get to recovery. hit the up volume button when you reach recovery.

This will boot you into recovery.

Factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik, system.

Flash the zip, and gapps. Newest build.

Wipe cache and dalvik again

Reboot.

Report.

I get a permission denied error when I try to do fastboot erase boot. I am in an administrator command prompt. I was able to run the fastboot reboot-bootloader command successfully. Suggestions?

#438 localceleb

localceleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Maybe for testing purposes, could you build without halo?

#439 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Halo is built in frameworks. It has nothing to do with HALO - it's device-agnostic java. It's the kernel.

#440 sgpapesh

sgpapesh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

Pulled the boot.img file from the rom and flashed it via fastboot. It was successful. Still got the blue flash without the HW box checked.

Anyone know why I can't erase boot in fastboot? I am unlocked.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users