I would recommend TWRP.

tester.png

#403 donkey2

donkey2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

On 6-16 build only issue I've had is the camera pics. Pics taken landscape are portrait and vise versa. Easy fix is when viewing just rotate it. Otherwise stellar rom, no blue flash or reboots or FC's. Many thanks

#404 jrock

jrock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

Did something happen to over clocking? Or is it just me? Other than that, everything seems good on 6-16

#405 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

I think I got it - downloaded fresh, Wiped all as usual, but this time, I did it one thing at a time.  Installed the ROM, THEN gapps like before.  After booting I did the HW thing mentioned above, but in reverse?  I think I was supposed to turn it off, but it was off, so I turned it on.  I may try the other way after it settles to see if that has an impact.  

So far, as others have noted - very smooth.  I'll drive for a few days and see what else works and battery -  as look as blue flashy things don't show up!

Proud father of a US Marine

#406 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

I asked this a few pages back, but I think got lost in the blue thingy fix comments.  Any thoughts?

When using PIN for security screen, the nav circle(?) really doesn't work.  IF this is the case, then nav circle is just about useless when security is used?  Am I missing something on how to use it?

#407 phillipshepard

phillipshepard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

Good build. 6.16.13 Just some things I noticed. Blue Flashes of course :-) Signal was a little weaker. Had some issues making calls they were just static even when they talked. But everyday gets better and better. 

#408 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

@pcarenza  This is amazing.  Any chance you would want to bring this amazingness to the M?

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#409 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

I asked this a few pages back, but I think got lost in the blue thingy fix comments.  Any thoughts?

When using PIN for security screen, the nav circle(?) really doesn't work.  IF this is the case, then nav circle is just about useless when security is used?  Am I missing something on how to use it?

Are your blue flashes still fixed? If so, I think yours is the template everyone should follow with this build. So many kernel and device mods!!!

#410 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

@pcarenza  This is amazing.  Any chance you would want to bring this amazingness to the M?

There is a chance ;)

• Aixelsyd and timpohladthomas like this

#411 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

I've found that hardware overlay does the trick for me. The box should be CHECKED so that it is DISabled. Seems counterintuitive but that's how it is.
  • jrock likes this

#412 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

There is a chance ;)

Can I like this more than once? :ph34r:

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#413 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

I asked this a few pages back, but I think got lost in the blue thingy fix comments. Any thoughts?

When using PIN for security screen, the nav circle(?) really doesn't work. IF this is the case, then nav circle is just about useless when security is used? Am I missing something on how to use it?

I say useless, this is why I stopped using the pattern/pin lock and facelock features. I trained some 120 face unlock images and had it working at least 80% in any lighting, even when looking away from the phone. But prefer the option to l launch an app of my choosing, from the unlock process.

I believe that an older version of android did the pin, then took you to the normal unlock screen. If you can find one who is willing and knowledgeable, I an certain most of or devs could modify the unlock system to take you to the normal lock screen after entering your pin...

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2
  • newskate9 and pcarenza like this

#414 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

Are your blue flashes still fixed? If so, I think yours is the template everyone should follow with this build. So many kernel and device mods!!!

FYI i just saw this am Bytecode commented in his kernel thread that the 6/17 commit updates supposedly has helped in getting rid of the blue flashes for all ROMs. Post #676 in his kernel thread

#415 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

I'm not sure about a template per se - but here are some learnings.

I started over to install XHD from scratch and did it the way I normally would.  I got blue flash.  Then I CHECKED HW, and the flashes stopped.  I then unchecked and they started back up.  Good data.

I then RESTORED my GOOD XHD and looked at the dev options.  I do NOT have flash.  The HW box is UNCHECKED.  I checked it, looking  to see if I could restart the flashing.  IT DID NOT restart.  I checked / unchecked multiple times - NO BLUE FLASH.

So - here's what I think:

1.  Flashing normally (wipe factory reset, advanced wipe all four boxes - syst, cache, dalvik, data - mount - install ROM, then install gapps - reboot) gives blue flash.  Checking the box, can make it go away.

2. When I installed my latest HXD, I used the method I thought I read above: mount, wipe factory reset, advanced wipe syst ONLY, THEN wipe dalvik, THEN wipe cash, THEN wipe data.  Then wipe factory reset AGAIN.  Then mount, then install ROM and then install gapps.

3. As a test - I started over, using the method in 2 above here without mounting first before wiping - and it started fine.  Then got blue flash.  THEN, I checked HW, and the flashing stopped.

4. Last, I restored my GOOD XHD backup: mount system, restore.  And it started up fine.  HW is UNCHECKED, NO blue.  I then checked it  -  NO BLUE.

I conclude:  Checking / unchecking HW is a potential fix for blue once you "have it".  If when installing XHD you don't have it, HW has no impact.  I think I stumbled onto the way to NOT get it at the start; i.e. wiping everything separately and insure "mount system" is always checked, before wiping, and before installing.  This is actually how I think I got the good load of XHD.  I may play with it some more and see if I can find the silver bullet for sure though.

But in the meantime, HW seems to be the fix.

#416 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

Updated ROM with all of dhacker's fixes. This I'm hoping will cure all ills:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Gytole likes this

#417 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

I may give this a try tonight.  Last night I tried for the heck of it switching to CM 10.1 6/17 nightlie and did as I always do when I change roms, factory wipe, install rom and gapps, wipe dalvic and cache.  HW overlays are enabled (no checkbox to disable them) and I have no blue flashes.  I was getting the blue flashes previously from both roms.  I was even getting them, but a lot less often, with HW overlays disabled.

#418 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

I know others do as well, and it had been mentioned before; however...

I really appreciate all the work you put into this and the speed with which you come out with attempted fixes for the problems that arise. It is something rare in this world.

• newskate9 and pcarenza like this

#419 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

im fulfilling my crackflashers dream... Eleventeen updates a day.... Hahaha
  • trikotret and pcarenza like this
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#420 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

As mentioned earlier, this along with all the other recent versions are mirrored until such a time as you request I stop doing so.

This one goes to the same place, but makes it so you can read the full file name, although you lose the file size...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users