Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#262 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Version 10.0 now posted. 

Please note that this is a preliminary build.. it was built last night before final kernel changes were pushed, because something happened over at github. Regardless, it's got all the xenon new features, It's got working bluetooth audio, audio capture, video camcorder, and HALO.... this is a game-changing build for us Droid HD users, in other words!

Here's the link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Note that this version now has OTA Updater installed as well. Expect at least one additional update in the next week... DO NOT accept the 6/4 build, it will just set you back and you will have to redownload the 6/12 build. 

When an OTA finally arrives, you have the option to Auto update - In ROM Settings/PropModder, there is a checkbox which automatically turns autoflash off that you can uncheck. As long as you have the current 0301 gapps or our Team Horizon gapps in your /sdcard root, it will automatically flash the ROM and gapps and also give the option to back up and wipe what you need.  If you do not have gapps in /sdcard, it won't let you do this.

Enjoy folks! We're proud of this build!

Switching back.  Tried Cyanogen Mod 6/11 build with the R8 Kernel and was having major stability issues.  Force Closes.  OS freezing and having to hard boot.  And last night took 4 reboots to get past the unlocked bootloader warning.

Also, several camera apps weren't displaying on screen even though they were capturing (vine, snapchat, retro camera, and google goggles would not display what was being captured by the camera on screen).

#263 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Right its working great except two thing...what the hell is this blue ball on the left side of my screen that pops out showing me what I'm installing and how do I disable it. And 2, my power button won't turn my screen off...I can press and hold and have reboot options and power offnbutnansimple press to shut the screen offbisnt working..ideas?
  • pcarenza likes this
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#264 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Right its working great except two thing...what the hell is this blue ball on the left side of my screen that pops out showing me what I'm installing and how do I disable it. And 2, my power button won't turn my screen off...I can press and hold and have reboot options and power offnbutnansimple press to shut the screen offbisnt working..ideas?

I can turn my screen off.  The blue ball is halo from Paranoid Android.  To get rid of it tap it a few times and then you should be able to drag to remove.  In the notification pulldown there is a logo that looks like a chat logo.  If you click this it will reappear.

#265 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

lol blue circle is HALO. and not sure

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#266 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

I can shut my screen of until I reboot. I got rid of the halo but my screen just won't turn off. I've reinstalled it twice..lmao
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#267 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

I am having the same issues with camera as I did on Cyanogen mod.  On several apps what is being captured is not displayed on the screen while capturing.  For example, Vine is black while capturing video on screen.  Same with Google Goggles.  They are however capturing.  Just are difficult to use with no display on the screen.

#268 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

What - you mean Halo?? That's a feature.. you can disable it by double tap-drag of the circle to the top.. an x should appear.. drag over it and it's out of your hair... or check in settings/display for Halo options.

#269 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

I am having the same issues with camera as I did on Cyanogen mod.  On several apps what is being captured is not displayed on the screen while capturing.  For example, Vine is black while capturing video on screen.  Same with Google Goggles.  They are however capturing.  Just are difficult to use with no display on the screen.

Will have a fix for that by tomorrow. It was just pushed by the qcom dev team.

#270 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

Running really nicely! One thing though: no screen rotation.

#271 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Will have a fix for that by tomorrow. It was just pushed by the qcom dev team.

Sweet.  It is definitely livable.  None of the apps affected are ones I use often.

#272 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

i don't know if you'd want to trade places with me on the screen rotation jld... i'd love to get rid of it in the places it's happening :p

• Gytole likes this

#273 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

okay, going on my 6 reinstall. lmao. Am I doing something wrong thats borking the display off?

I install, then skip the google settings, go to rom settings, general, disable boot animation/vibrate on expand/show ime/statusbar brightness, check enable kill all button, uncheck crt screen off.

then I hit backgo to battery, icon style text, then back and hit clock, clock style center clock, then am/pm regular, then date regular then back, hit the dark xenon button, then hit sounds and disable all the checked sounds then go to developer options and uncheck usb notify, put animations to .5x, then back, then under performance I hit max cpu to 1.3 set at boot, cause 1.9 is wayyyy too high...I/O to SIO apply at boot, reboot and can no longer turn the screen off...

Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#274 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

37 reboot tests later im still trying to find whats causing it. lmao. changing settings and rebooting to wait for the screen to not shut off. 

Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#275 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

HAH! THINK I FOUND IT!

When you Disable boot animation, it wont let you turn the screen off anymore...

• pcarenza likes this
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#276 franzie3

franzie3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Twitter:@MikeFranz3
  • Google+:Michael Franz
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung GS3, Xoom 4G, Asus Tf300T

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

pcarenza - I bought a jawbone UP.  it sync via the 3.5mm jack on the phone.  I was using Slim Rom at the time and it wouldnt sync or recognize or anything.  You think any of these kernel fixes may have fixed that issue?

i went through all normal torubleshooting on it to make sure it should of been working (volume all the way up etc etc).  I had to revert to a 4.1.2 base rom to get it working right.  I would of had to guess it was a kernel issue and not android software because im sure it works fine on a 4.2.2 nexus

#277 localceleb

localceleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Where are the HALO settings?

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

#278 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

HAH! THINK I FOUND IT!

When you Disable boot animation, it wont let you turn the screen off anymore...

Good catch! I'll write that down for fixing...... 

• Gytole likes this

#279 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

They're in Settings/Display (don't ask me why :))

#280 localceleb

localceleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

They're in Settings/Display (don't ask me why :))

Thanks! I thought I was losing my mind!

Edit: is there any way to disable it?

• localceleb likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users