• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Twitter:@MikeFranz3
  • Google+:Michael Franz
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung GS3, Xoom 4G, Asus Tf300T

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

I had a Facebook problem as well... Seems to be good now... Do you use haxsync at all??

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

#242 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

You talk to dhacker or hashcode about yurt kernel theory?

Good point... will have to send them the logs since they're def the experts...

#243 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

For those with Facebook issues try using flipboard instead, much faster and less hiccups than the actual app

BTW running 6-4 build, amazing! just keeps getting better

You ain't seen nothing yet! We've got some surprises in store... some generous donors have funded our remote hosting as well, so.... no more goo!

• jrock, localceleb and vnvjeep like this

#244 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

OK.  Found one more issue in 6/4.  The compass sensor doesn't seem to be working.  Checked google maps (doesn't show what direction I am facing) as well Compass by Catch in the play store and it doesn't show direction.

#245 jrock

jrock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

OK.  Found one more issue in 6/4.  The compass sensor doesn't seem to be working.  Checked google maps (doesn't show what direction I am facing) as well Compass by Catch in the play store and it doesn't show direction.

confirmed, the arrowhead shows for a split second and then disappears.

Edit: Woops, did a reboot just to see, and now the compass works..

• cliberti and zooyork0721 like this

#246 vnvjeep

vnvjeep

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

And just to confirm... this is not the case with the 6/2 build... arrowhead stays, and shows direction.  Also don't have any problem with any compass/tools apps that use the sensors.

• jrock likes this

tester.png

#247 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Edit: Woops, did a reboot just to see, and now the compass works..

let me try one more reboot.  Already did one because the map wasn't loading.  Just tried it and sure enough now it is working.  Odd one.  Reboot once to get map to load, 2nd time to get compass working.

• jrock likes this

#248 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

I don't think I need to remind you guys to wipe before you flash? :)

• jrock likes this

#249 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hey, I'm on the new build. Bluetooth is great, but MMS won't send? Anyone else?

Now working.

#250 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

I have been wiping system, cache, dalvic, and data. One more issue I found this morning, Pandora plays through the speaker instead of wired headphones when connected. It does know when I disconnect them because it turns off.

#251 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

I have been wiping system, cache, dalvic, and data. One more issue I found this morning, Pandora plays through the speaker instead of wired headphones when connected. It does know when I disconnect them because it turns off.

No problems with Pandora in 6/2, 6/4, and today's nightly. Have you tried your headphones in another jack. say a computer?

Also try unplugging the headphones, starting the music, and plugging them back in to see if you can reset.

#252 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

No problems with Pandora in 6/2, 6/4, and today's nightly. Have you tried your headphones in another jack. say a computer?

Also try unplugging the headphones, starting the music, and plugging them back in to see if you can reset.

Thanks.  Will give this a try.

#253 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:finndo77
  • Locationsouth crapatstic
  • Current Device(s):Droid4, Droid Razr HD, Nook 16GB Tablet

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

no issues with GPS, on 6/4 xt926, just launched GPS status and it had 13/23 sat locks before the GUI finished loading.  the compass on it seems to be functioning fine, including the accelerometer. I think it is pointing north, and it continues to say north is in the same direction as I spin the phone around.

I've only had a couple of system config issues, I went with the 6/4 update, as I was on 5/29 and on June 2nd, my APNs disappeared.  flashing 6/4 did not restore them, obviously I no longer have 4G.  I've tried toggles out the ying yang, and played with all the network type configs only on global does it even give me LTE as an option, even though it does not connect.  CDMA/EVDO works fine with 3G, but if I flip the LTE toggle, then check my network settings again, it auto changes to "global".  Google does tell me I have to edit framework.apk, something I've not had to do in the past (I am just now wondering if initiating the "dark XenonHD" option did it...) and would prefer validation of this being necessary before doing it.

Also, I set the dock icons to 80%, but every time the launcher reloads (or the phone reboots) they are normal size again, unless I drag the icon off the dock, then drop it back on.  This started with the 5/29 build, but worked fine until 6/2 or 6/3 (might have been that long before I rebooted after flashing).  Still occurring with the 6/4 build.

I've also had my wallpaper fubar on me, at first it just turned into 16 tiny snips of the actual image, then it turned into what looks like over the air TV static, in 16 little rectangles.  I am using a photo of my daughter as my wallpaper, I do recall a setting that said it may fubar stuff, so I might go hunting for that...)

(two more things) in the launcher options -->general -->Gestures I set swipe up to open the app drawer, very handy setting, but it almost never works, about 1 out of 5 tries it works, but ONLY after I swipe to either the last homescreen on the right or the left first AND I swipe up immediately after the visual notification that I have reached the last homescreen.  I use this "feature" on a CM10.1 build on my nook tablet and love it, always works without an issue, so much that I am spoiled by it.  real pain in the rear after I removed the app bar icon from the dock the first time after setting up the swipe...  I was lucky I had already configured the toggles to include settings...

Last thing I can think of right now, I set the nav/status bar to a very small size at the bottom (combined/tablet mode) and everything went along with the plan, except the soft keys (back, home, and that stupid recent apps button, the person who thought that should be in existence needs to be shot in the balls, if they have any, and then hung by their toe nails for two weeks outside of Google's home office.  Every time I see that dumb button, it makes me ask why it was so freaking hard to just long press the home key... that they had to take away the second most used button on my device, after the back button.  Anyway...) shrink in size vertically to match the nav/status bar height, but don't get any narrower, which means the three buttons take up 40% of the width of my nav/status bar, half with actual image of the buttons, and the rest just blank dead space.  so if I make the "combined width %" smaller, it just cuts off the buttons from right to left, where if the width had gotten narrower when I reduced the height, there would be plenty of room to reduce the "combined width %".

I will upload some screen shots later, apparently this website won't let me upload .png files, but that is the format that the screen capture creates them, and since I updated to 4.2.x my windows pc no longer recognizes any of my android devices, and I've already tried all the fixes I've found via Google.  So, it will have to wait until later tonight when I can convert the images and transfer them to a host and add links to them here.

#254 cliberti

cliberti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

no issues with GPS, on 6/4 xt926, just launched GPS status and it had 13/23 sat locks before the GUI finished loading.  the compass on it seems to be functioning fine, including the accelerometer. I think it is pointing north, and it continues to say north is in the same direction as I spin the phone around.

I've only had a couple of system config issues, I went with the 6/4 update, as I was on 5/29 and on June 2nd, my APNs disappeared.  flashing 6/4 did not restore them, obviously I no longer have 4G.  I've tried toggles out the ying yang, and played with all the network type configs only on global does it even give me LTE as an option, even though it does not connect.  CDMA/EVDO works fine with 3G, but if I flip the LTE toggle, then check my network settings again, it auto changes to "global"

Also, I set the dock icons to 80%, but every time the launcher reloads (or the phone reboots) they are normal size again, unless I drag the icon off the dock, then drop it back on.  This started with the 5/29 build, but worked fine until 6/2 or 6/3 (might have been that long before I rebooted after flashing).  Still occurring with the 6/4 build.

(two more things) in the launcher options -->general -->Gestures I set swipe up to open the app drawer, very handy setting, but it almost never works, about 1 out of 5 tries it works, but ONLY after I swipe to either the last homescreen on the right or the left first AND I swipe up immediately after the visual notification that I have reached the last homescreen.  I use this "feature" on a CM10.1 build on my nook tablet and love it, always works without an issue, so much that I am spoiled by it.  real pain in the rear after I removed the app bar icon from the dock the first time after setting up the swipe...  I was lucky I had already configured the toggles to include settings...

Last thing I can think of right now, I set the nav/status bar to a very small size at the bottom (combined/tablet mode) and everything went along with the plan, except the soft keys (back, home, and that stupid recent apps button, the person who thought that should be in existence needs to be shot in the balls, if they have any, and then hung by their toe nails for two weeks outside of Google's home office.  Every time I see that dumb button, it makes me ask why it was so freaking hard to just long press the home key... that they had to take away the second most used button on my device, after the back button.  Anyway...) shrink in size vertically to match the nav/status bar height, but don't get any narrower, which means the three buttons take up 40% of the width of my nav/status bar, half with actual image of the buttons, and the rest just blank dead space.  so if I make the "combined width %" smaller, it just cuts off the buttons from right to left, where if the width had gotten narrower when I reduced the height, there would be plenty of room to reduce the "combined width %".

I will upload some screen shots later, apparently this website won't let me upload .png files, but that is the format that the screen capture creates them, and since I updated to 4.2.x my windows pc no longer recognizes any of my android devices, and I've already tried all the fixes I've found via Google.  So, it will have to wait until later tonight when I can convert the images and transfer them to a host and add links to them here.

I ended up losing 4G as well at one point.  Try this from the help section.  It fixed mine:

*#*#4636#*#*

Then click 'phone information'. Scroll down to where you see network modes and the turn off radio button. What is that network mode set to? It should be LTE/CDMA

Also Idk if this could help but it does me sometimes. Power off the phone and take the SIM card out. Put the tray back in the phone and turn it back on without the SIM card in it. You're not gonna get any service. Once booted let it sit for a minute or two, then turn off, put SIM back in, and reboot as if you would normally. That helps me sometimes if I have problems like this, if you haven't tried that specific method it is worth the try.

• kellogg and pcarenza like this

#255 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

I ended up losing 4G as well at one point.  Try this from the help section.  It fixed mine:

*#*#4636#*#*

Then click 'phone information'. Scroll down to where you see network modes and the turn off radio button. What is that network mode set to? It should be LTE/CDMA

Also Idk if this could help but it does me sometimes. Power off the phone and take the SIM card out. Put the tray back in the phone and turn it back on without the SIM card in it. You're not gonna get any service. Once booted let it sit for a minute or two, then turn off, put SIM back in, and reboot as if you would normally. That helps me sometimes if I have problems like this, if you haven't tried that specific method it is worth the try.

The phone fix worked for the Razr OG and it works here too :) Thanks!

#256 jrock

jrock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

I always format system, wipe cache, and dalvik, and I only wipe data fact reset when i am switching roms.

#257 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

*#*#4636#*#*

Bingo, was set to GSM/CDMA. I did not know that code would work on as RAZR HD, I first learned it on an LG Spectrum and have never known the *# codes worked on different phones.

Funny thing, I did this while riding in a car through a roaming area, not 1 minute after I did it I had 4g. Looked up and there was a tower right in front of me. :)

Thanks

• jrock likes this

#258 drewrivera

drewrivera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):razor maxx

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

I just rebooted my phone after the dirty flash of 6/4 and deleting caches. And yes that 4636 code actually works for allot of new phones. I haven't tried Bluetooth yet but i will. Orientation has been a problem since the first build though. It goes away after a reboot. I have to flash allover again just to get orientation.

#259 finndo77

finndo77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Since I did the 4636 code to get 4g back the swipe up for the wasp drawer has been working perfectly (working best when I start in the center of the screen and go up).

Still having issued with the Nav bar sizing but I'll check with custom icons and see what I can come up with this weekend. Also the dock icon size is still. Anyone try to change those?

(XT926 no mods or kernels added at this time, 6/4 build)

#260 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Version 10.0 now posted. 

Please note that this is a preliminary build.. it was built last night before final kernel changes were pushed, because something happened over at github. Regardless, it's got all the xenon new features, It's got working bluetooth audio, audio capture, video camcorder, and HALO.... this is a game-changing build for us Droid HD users, in other words!

Here's the link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Note that this version now has OTA Updater installed as well. Expect at least one additional update in the next week... DO NOT accept the 6/4 build, it will just set you back and you will have to redownload the 6/12 build. 

When an OTA finally arrives, you have the option to Auto update - In ROM Settings/PropModder, there is a checkbox which automatically turns autoflash off that you can uncheck. As long as you have the current 0301 gapps or our Team Horizon gapps in your /sdcard root, it will automatically flash the ROM and gapps and also give the option to back up and wipe what you need.  If you do not have gapps in /sdcard, it won't let you do this.

Enjoy folks! We're proud of this build!

• trikotret, Gytole, jrock and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users