10 replies to this topic

#1 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

It came out today. I sideloaded it... it's really not all it's cracked up to be unfortunately. It's confusing to use (cause it seems like the first page is forced to be a list of apps, but there's three pages within the first page and...what) & live wallpapers don't work :(

#2 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

I just checked out the video they have on their market page and there is just something that I am not sure I like about it. I can't really put my finger on what it is though. Just from the video I can see how it could be confusing. The reviews alone seem to pretty even across the board too. I think I will wait before trying this and see if they do anything dramatic improvements with it. I am some what of a "less is more" person and it almost looks like they tried to get too creative or something. Thanks for letting us know its out and what you think of it though.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#3 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

I tried it too. Its got a bit of a learning curve.... a lot of my Widgets are useless with it because of the way it functions. I mean the lasso is nifty, but does it have to lasso every time you touch the screen?

It's pretty cool and it could go pretty far if they do it right. But, the initial release doesn't impress me much.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R]

#4 tyrthas

tyrthas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

I just checked out the video they have on their market page and there is just something that I am not sure I like about it. I can't really put my finger on what it is though. Just from the video I can see how it could be confusing. The reviews alone seem to pretty even across the board too. I think I will wait before trying this and see if they do anything dramatic improvements with it. I am some what of a "less is more" person and it almost looks like they tried to get too creative or something. Thanks for letting us know its out and what you think of it though.

Yeah it can be a bit messy at first. Once you get the hang of it its alright.

Also, that $17 price tag.. that's a bit much.. I'll be keeping an eye on it though.

#5 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Yeah... Idk about the price tag with its current feature set...It's really blazing fast though.

#6 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Ya know, I have no issues paying for apps to support the developers. I paid the 15 bucks for SPB Shell 3d without thinking and would do it again. But I am starting to wonder if these higher price tags are going to become the norm before we know it.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#7 tyrthas

tyrthas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Ya know, I have no issues paying for apps to support the developers. I paid the 15 bucks for SPB Shell 3d without thinking and would do it again. But I am starting to wonder if these higher price tags are going to become the norm before we know it.

I don't either, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to drop $17 on something like TSF. At least not yet..

It doesn't look like it will. There will always be a few apps that have a big price tag. But, I think most will stay within the current range. I could be completely wrong though. :lol:

#8 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

Agreed, i also shelled out the $ for spb shell 3d, not so much for current features but hopes of future features. I do worry though about the rising prices becoming the norm. I think for that much of a price hike over other similar apps, we should be expecting and receiving that much of an increase in the app as well.
Also i think a free version or a trial period would be nice, as i was skeptic of spb, and would have gotten it a lot sooner had i been able to actually use it for a sec... jmho

I am ninja see my Blade and fear me

Posted Image

#9 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

Saw a thread on this on another site and checked it out on the market but no way am I spending that much on a brand new app before it is proven to be stable and beneficial.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#10 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:40 AM

It's still the smoothest launcher I've ever seen and it only crashes on tablets...so.

#11 Z32CM

Z32CM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

I saw the price and said definitely no. There is no way I can justify spending that much on a launcher, without being able to give it a test run for a week or so. However, I did find a copy on 4 shared and tried it out. Its a beautiful launcher, but there is a learning curve as stated above. Features are lacking and for my purposes, it will not work. The launcher has been deleted from my phone, but when they have it a bit more polished, I will try it again. If the launcher can be tweaked a bit more so its actually ready for daily use, I will consider buying it. Nobody wants to drop $17 on an app, only to find out you seriously dislike it.

I did the same with SPB shell and after the trial run, decided I wanted to purchase the launcher so I could actually get updates. Cracked versions will not update, so they are only good for testing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users